Capital Strategies Analyst
The Organization United for Respect (OUR) is seeking a Capital Strategies Analyst to research, develop and promote responsible corporate policies and accountability.
The Organization United for Respect (OUR) elevates the voices of those employed in the growing service economy to ensure industry leaders and policymakers provide family‐sustaining jobs for all working Americans. We leverage technology — social media and our digital platform, WorkIt — to support people working in retail and bring them into community with one another. Through our online peer networks and on‐the‐ground base‐building strategies, we build the leadership of working people to share their stories and advocate for real solutions to the pressing needs of the country’s massive low‐wage workforce. By sharing our innovations, we are supporting the development of capacity across the progressive movement for base building, campaigning and leveraging technology for social impact.
OUR is most known for OUR Walmart, a national effort of current and former Walmart associates that has achieved impact and national scale through an innovative fusion of workplace-based and online outreach and education as well as strong community partnerships. OUR’s national network provides a space for peer support and workplace rights education as well as a platform for members to drive campaigns to win good jobs through corporate and public policy change.
● Conduct quantitative and qualitative research, including financial, industrial and corporate analysis; assess the impact of private equity and hedge funds in our economy; prepare corporate profiles and identify issues for reform initiatives.
● Develop and execute campaign strategies and tactics in collaboration with OUR network members, staff, alliance partners, the press and politicians.
● Coordinate with other institutional investors, policy advocates, lawyers, NGOs and academics.
● Track, research and monitor corporate compliance to legislative and regulatory initiatives and standards.
● Develop research products including reports, fact sheets, briefings and presentations and other public education and advocacy materials.
● Provide guidance to members in formulating governance approaches and related public education materials.
Requirements and Qualifications:
● Strong commitment to social and economic justice; experience working with diverse constituencies.
● A minimum of five years of experience in corporate research or financial analysis, including evaluating and developing financial research, corporate governance policies, assessing regulatory proposals and laws, and corporate policy analysis.
● A BA or higher in relevant field.
● Experience in convening and managing constituency groups and others involved in policy development; developing and managing public education campaigns, legislative activities and media relations.
● Flexibility to travel in performance of duties and work extended or irregular hours as needed.
Salary range is $72,000 - $82,000 depending on experience. OUR is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity. People of color, women, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
Legal disclaimer: Organization United for Respect (OUR) is a non-profit organization, organized under the laws of the District of Columbia. OUR brings together low-income workers, their families and communities to improve working conditions in the retail industry throughout the United States, promote human and civil rights secured by law, build strong and healthy communities, and end all forms of discrimination. OUR Walmart is a project of OUR. OUR does not intend or seek to represent retail employees over terms and conditions of employment, or to bargain with retail empl