Location: This is a remote position. We are accepting applications nationally and will hire the strongest candidate
The Organization United for Respect (OUR) seeks a dynamic Digital Campaigner to provide strategic design and implementation of our digital strategies to organize hourly retail workers, activate allies, and achieve campaign goals.
Projects include: corporate accountability campaigning, social media and email content production, running paid ads to recruit new workers into the movement, and database and CRM management.
OUR is a dynamic organization of retail workers dedicated to improving the lives of those working in the country’s largest job sector through peer workplace support and community building. OUR is a key driver in a new, dynamic movement of low-wage workers that is changing the national conversation about low-wage work and empowering workers with education around their workplace rights and community based resources so they can achieve job stability and improve working conditions. OUR’s success derives from its investment in developing high level leadership from its base and using social media to connect people into communities of peer support and action.
OUR is most known for OUR Walmart, a national organization of current and former Walmart workers that has achieved national scale and impact through an innovative fusion of workplace based and online outreach and education as well as strong community partnerships. We are growing our movement in the broader retail industry and have just launched Rise Up Retail to take on campaigns that affect retail workers across employers. OUR members support each other, share information around their rights and resources, advocate for improved workplace conditions, share their stories publicly, propose policy improvements, participate in intensive leadership training, and build alliances with community partners.
About this position
The Digital Campaigner is part of the digital team working to advance our online-to-offline organizing and corporate campaigning work. We reach and engage thousands of working people through email, social media, text, and phone in a pathway that moves them into offline action.
We are looking for a results-driven, highly organized, and process-oriented person with a successful track record in digital organizing in issue based work.
Scope of work
- Implement online organizing strategies to advance worker justice campaigns by coordinating with digital and field teams to achieve both national and local campaign goals
- Design & create content to engage a worker and ally base, including email writing, graphic design, and memes
- Run an online advertising program that reaches a targeted base of working people to moves them into deeper online engagement and offline action. This includes running ongoing Facebook recruitment ads with testing and optimization.
- Manage our organizing pipeline by maintaining our database and assigning new leads to organizers within Hustle weekly, as well as tracking metrics.
- Set-up and target emails, including reporting on results.
- Design, curate, and manage our social media presence and maintain our website.
- Manage organizational calendar that tracks important dates, actions, and compression moments to drive digital strategy.
- Keep projects on track and communicate regularly with the team.
- Additional digital campaigning responsibilities as assigned.
- You’re an organizer through and through with a minimum of 2 years experience, ideally with organizing workers and using digital strategies
- You’ve produced or implemented online content for non-profit advocacy organizations or national organizing campaigns using social media, email, sms, or peer-to-peer tools
- You are extremely detail oriented, nerd out over spreadsheets, and like process
- You are excited to learn new tools and aren’t afraid of HTML
- You understand issues facing communities of color, women, and low-and moderate-income families
- Ability to travel is a must
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 salary depending on experience.
OUR is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equity. People of color, women, and LGBT candidates are encouraged to apply.