Location: This is a remote position. We are accepting applications nationally and will hire the strongest candidate.
United for Respect seeks a digital campaigner to take our campaigns fighting for respect and dignity for all working people to the next level. The person in this role will develop and execute high-impact and game-changing strategies that empower our members to achieve concrete victories for working people and people of color.
United for Respect is a multiracial movement of working people advancing a vision of an economy where corporations respect our work and recognize our humanity. We are building an economy that allows us to live and work in dignity.
We are changing the national conversation about low-wage work and empowering each other around workplace rights and community based resources. Our success comes from our investment in developing leadership from our base. We dream big and we win big.
Almost a decade ago we launched OUR Walmart, a national organization of current and former Walmart workers that has achieved national scale and impact through an innovative fusion of workplace organizing and online outreach as well as strong community partnerships. We have won two wage increases, paid family leave, and pregnancy accommodations at Walmart. Most recently, we were behind the historic victory at Toys R Us where we won $20 million in a hardship fund directly from Wall Street and into the pockets of working people.
About this position
We are building the 21st Century labor movement and we need a phenomenal team to fight fiercely and implement strategies to win a world where we can all live and work in dignity. This position sits on the digital team and will be responsible for crafting and executing digital campaigns.
This is not a 9-5 job. We are looking for someone highly independent, able to succeed in a remote environment, and take initiative with little direction. In this political climate, we are often working in rapid response moments and we’re looking for someone who thrives in that environment. We have a culture of experimentation – we want you to find your political home here and propose big and wacky ideas that sometimes fail and sometimes succeed.
We think of digital strategy through an organizing lens not just an amplification or marketing lens – our staff think of themselves as organizers first and foremost.
Scope of work
- Write compelling emails, petitions, and appeals to tell the story of our work in a meaningful way and builds our movement
- Manage day-to-day email program and process from beginning to end from copywriting to approvals to implementation of high quality emails that deepen our base, inspire action, and raise money
- Maintain email calendar, audience segmentation, and priorities among multiple competing campaigns
- Implement strategies and tactics to grow our base and email list
- Build a robust recurring donor program and seek opportunities to connect campaign moments and milestones to fundraising and list-building drives
- Conduct, analyze, and share findings of regular testing to identify the most effective strategies and messaging
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and email best practices and use analytics to improve our programs and campaigns and strengthen impact
- Implement online organizing strategies to advance worker justice campaigns by coordinating with digital and field teams to achieve both national and local campaign goals
- Keep projects on track and communicate regularly with the team
- Additional digital campaigning responsibilities as assigned
- You have 2-5 years digital campaigning experience with demonstrated experience in email copywriting
- You nerd out about messaging best practices and how to tell stories that move people
- You know how to code basic HTML
- You are able to keep cool working in high-stress environments and deploy timely content during rapid response scenarios
- You can prioritize dozens of moving pieces and competing deadlines and goals without sacrificing attention to detail
- You understand issues facing communities of color, women, and low-and moderate-income families
- Ability to travel is a must
- Ability to work varied hours including some nights, weekends and holidays
Salary Range: $55,000 to $71,500 salary depending on experience and location. Competitive benefits package provided for full-time employees and eligible dependents, including health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage and 401k.
This is a remote position. We are accepting applications nationally and will hire the strongest candidate.