Partnership Coordinator for Digital Organizing
United for Respect (UFR) and Online 2 Offline Strategy Group (O2O) are seeking a Partnership Coordinator for Digital Organizing to support the strategic online to offline organizing campaigns of partner organizations.
About UFR is a national organization building the voice of people working for the country’s largest retail corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base-building, UFR’s growing network is challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family - sustaining jobs for all working people. We leverage technology, including social media and our digital platform, WorkIt, to bring people who work in retail together into shared community and advocacy campaigns. Learn more about UFR’s core programs here.
About Online 2 Offline Strategy Group (O2O) is a newly formed global consulting and technology organization that works with unions, community organizations and other membership organizations to build power for their constituents using online to offline tools and strategies. Technology has changed our ability to connect with communities and co-workers, providing opportunities to build new forms of power.
The Partnership Coordinator for Digital Organizing will be responsible for:
● Cultivating and managing relationships with partner organizations and supporting them in developing an online-to-offline organizing strategy
● Provide and facilitate trainings to partners on digital tools and UFR’s online to offline organizing model.
● Serving as the overall project manager to ensure deadlines and goals are being met.
● Drafting email, text, web and social media content.
● Reviewing and creating progress and reports for clients.
● Supporting maintaining updates to our website, https://www.o2ostrategy.org/
● Developing ongoing resources and best practices for online to offline organizing approaches in collaboration with partners.
● At least 2 years experience working a progressive political campaign, non-profit or union.
● Project or program coordination experience.
● Understanding of organizing principles.
● Demonstrated commitment to economic and social justice and worker or community leadership.
● Familiarity with digital tools and their application to organizing including, but not limited to, peer-to-peer texting, broadcast texting, Facebook and Twitter.
● Strong communication skills, specifically the ability to write clearly and concisely.
● An ability to juggle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
● A demonstrated commitment to meeting high standards and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles.
● Ambition, drive, energy, and the ability to work flexible and long hours when necessary.
● You understand and can articulate issues facing communities of color, women, and low-and moderate-income families.
● Spanish language skills preferred but not required.
● Travel required.
Salary range is $55,000-65,000 dependent on experience and location. Excellent health coverage and other competitive benefits.
United for Respect is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community. United for Respect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.