Human Resources, Admin Director
OUR Operations, HR and Finance Director
Remote offices nationwide, with preference for Oakland based candidates.
The Operations, HR and Finance Manager position will provide effective leadership and oversight of Human Resources, Admin and Finance for Organization United for Respect (OUR).
OUR is a national organization building an industry voice of people working for the country’s largest retail corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base‐building, OUR’s growing network is making major gains by challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family‐sustaining jobs for all working people . We leverage technology — social media and our digital platform, WorkIt — and bring the retail workforce into a shared community of support and advocacy. Learn more about OUR’s core programs here: OUR Walmart and Rise Up Retail.
Financial Planning and Management
● Together with the Co-Executive Directors, maintain timely and accurate financial statements, yearly budgets, budget forecasts, budget variance analysis, and financial trend reports to advise leadership team on the financial implications of operating decisions.
● Provide timely production of financial statements as requested throughout the year.
● Review and reconcile monthly credit card statements for staff members.
● Manage service contracts and vendor relationships to ensure proper payment and invoicing.
● Collaborate with the senior directors team on new initiatives, strengthening systems, and working with staff to ensure successful implementation.
● Serve as lead with staff on monitoring intake of monthly attendance and expense reports; track employee time off requests.
● Develop and lead an organization wide strategy for recruiting and retaining high quality, diverse staff, including identifying talent within and outside the organization.
● Establish effective on boarding and off boarding policies and practices; ensure consistent implementation and follow through.
● Implement and monitor, together with the senior team, job training and performance management programs.
● Maintain understanding of HR best practices and new policy developments
● Strengthen OUR’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
● Setup and maintain organizational filing system
● Provide travel assistance and logistics for large conferences.
● Administering, including creating and managing, user accounts through Google
● DNS maintenance (registering/renewing URLs)
● Minimum of three years’ experience in HR, finance or admin.
● Commitment to social justice.
● Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects.
● Proven record of accomplishment of successful results in operations and financial management, preferably in complex organizations.
● Proven record of accomplishment in developing metrics and reporting.
● Data driven with strong analytical and technical skills.
● Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills.
● Highly flexible, adaptive, with a problem solving orientation.
● Respectful of different work styles and approaches.
● Attuned to creating and promoting organizational excellence.
● Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
● Knowledgeable about HR conventions and employment law, especially in California.
● Experience in building strategies and approaches to diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
Salary: $ $75,000 to $82,000 depending on experience with additional funding available to support staff in higher cost areas.
OUR Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
OUR is an equal opportunity employer. We center inclusivity and equity as core values in our work towards social justice. Individuals with a background working in the retail sector, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. We strive to build a community of team members regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information.