The Organization United for Respect (OUR) seeks a dynamic ManagingDirector to build and grow internal culture, systems and structures through a period of rapid growth.
OUR is a national organization building an industry voice of people working for the country’s largest retail corporations. Through scaled leadership development and base‐building, OUR’s growing network is making major gains by challenging major corporations and policymakers to provide family‐sustaining jobs for all working people . We leverage technology — social media and our digital platform, WorkIt — and bring the retail workforce into a shared community of support and advocacy. Learn more about OUR’s core programs here: OUR Walmart and Rise Up Retail.
The Managing Director will work with OUR’s Directors and Manager team to develop strong organizational culture and practice grounded in impact, respect and equity. The Managing Director will work collaboratively with staff leadership to develop scalable workflows, structures and systems for communication, collaboration, support, and reinforcement of individual and organizational values. The Managing Director will also lead the development and implementation of a diversity, equity and inclusion program and ensure that we accomplish our goals and programmatic objectives.
The Managing Director will report to an OUR Co‐Executive Directors, sit on the Senior Leadership team and directly oversee operations, management of staff, professional development, human resources, legal compliance finance.
Job duties include working with OUR’s leadership teams to:
● Set and implement both annual and long term organizational goals, and lead on tracking progress to goals.
● Plan and oversee budget.
● Develop and oversee meeting schedules, retreats, systems and structures for holding, managing and communicating the work across the organization.
● Develop, implement, and oversee systems and structures to ensure coordination and completion of projects across internal departments and other external governing bodies.
● Oversee human resources, operations, finance and compliance.
● Act as organizational lead for Board of Directors and network governance including coordinating board & executive director meetings, strategic planning, and governance review.
● Develop, implement, and oversee a diversity, equity, and inclusion plan and practice.
● Identify professional development opportunities for staff and create structure to encourage utilization.
● Develop the skills of our Management team.
● Ensure legal compliance in coordination with our legal firms.
Salary range is $80,000 ‐ $110,000 dependent on experience and geography.
OUR Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
OUR is an equal opportunity employer. We center inclusivity and equity as core values in our work towards social justice. Individuals with a background working in the retail sector, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. We strive to build a community of team members regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information.